- Completing just a five day course of antibiotics or antimalarial drugs is a rare achievement here.
- You may also need to have painkillers, antibiotics, and fluids through a drip.
- You may be given painkillers, antibiotics and mouthwash solutions to take home.
- The effect of early antibiotic therapy on this form of infection is unknown.
- If patients fulfill the above criteria, antibiotic therapy should be considered.
- In addition, no antibiotic therapy was administered, as this was a lethal model.
Mid 19th century (in the sense 'doubting the possibility of life in a particular environment'): from anti- + Greek biōtikos 'fit for life' (from bios 'life').
amphibian from mid 17th century:
Amphibians live both in water and on land, and it is the idea of ‘living in both’ that gives us the word, which comes from Greek amphi ‘both’ (also found in amphitheatre (Late Middle English) from amphi ‘on both sides’ and theatron ‘place for beholding’) and bios ‘life’, source of words such as biology (early 19th century) and antibiotic (mid 19th century). Before it was applied specifically to frogs, toads, and newts, amphibian simply meant ‘having two modes of existence, of doubtful nature’.
Palabras que riman con antibioticabiotic, amniotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, exotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, macrobiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, quixotic, robotic, sclerotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
Definición de antibiotic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.