Definición de anticyclone en inglés:
A weather system with high barometric pressure at its centre, around which air slowly circulates in a clockwise (northern hemisphere) or anticlockwise (southern hemisphere) direction. Anticyclones are associated with calm, fine weather.
- In summer, the weather associated with anticyclones is usually fine and cloud-free.
- All sorts of weather systems can have an impact, dependent on the location, such as mid-latitude cyclones, subtropical anticyclones, monsoon systems, and tropical cyclones.
- In our hemisphere, areas of high barometric pressure, anticyclones, create winds which circulate anticlockwise.
- Example sentences
- In the quiet anticyclonic periods, after sunny days, come the damaging night frosts.
- These temperature layers are referred to as the lapse rate and anticyclonic conditions are associated with ‘stable’ lapse rates.
- The remote end of the cold front is thus behind the anticyclonic core.
Definición de anticyclone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan