sustantivo[mass noun] rare
- Those who opposed disestablishmentarians, and there were many, particularly in Ireland and Wales, were thus supporters of antidisestablishmentarianism.
Antidisestablishmentarianism is very occasionally found in genuine use, but it is most often cited as an example of a very long word. Other similar curiosities are floccinaucinihilipilification and pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (the longest word in this dictionary). The longest word to be encountered in Britain is the Welsh place name Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which is generally abbreviated to Llanfair PG; this name was created in the 19th century.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I don't want to say it, but it starts with ‘V’ and rhymes with antidisestablishmentarian.
- It seems like the descendants of the antidisestablishmentarians have actually sold our President on that they are being forced to ‘hide their faith’.
- Since the antidisestablishmentarianism camp was opposed to this idea, they became the antidisestablishmentarians, and their stated platform was called Antidisestablishmentarianism.