- Don't use charcoal tablets that you can buy from pharmacies to treat poisoning yourself - these are for indigestion and flatulence only and the dose is too small to work as an antidote to poisoning.
- We do not know of an antidote to counteract this side effect.
- Furthermore, antidotes to poisons and intensive care may not be available.
- As an antidote to this situation, I believe it is necessary to view the Zen world, its hierarchy, and authority figures through a theoretical framework separate from Zen.
- The antidote to such a situation is to seek to discover what the total Scriptural teaching on any particular subject is, and also to view it in relation to the other doctrines of Scripture.
- This introduces hope - the antidote to stress - into the situation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Duck's blood is a good antidotal food, with special effects in the treatment of diarrhoea and nausea.
- On occasion, though, the films do rise above their antidotal mandate.
- After all, there is only some antidotal evidence to show the connection between the measles and MS.
Late Middle English: via Latin, from Greek antidoton, neuter of antidotos 'given against', from anti- 'against' + didonai 'give'.
An antidote is ‘something given against’ the effects of a poison; it has come via Latin from Greek antidoton ‘given against’.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: anti|dote
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.