- 1Preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms: garlic has powerful antiseptic properties his breath smelt of antiseptic mouthwashMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is likely that you will be prescribed antibiotics and an antiseptic mouthwash to reduce the risk of your implant becoming infected.
- He or she may also recommend an antiseptic mouthwash that helps prevent plaque forming.
- These treatments have antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- 2Scrupulously clean or pure, especially so as to be bland or characterless: their squeaky-clean home epitomizes this antiseptic respectabilityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's good to see computer - generated images of how the original and intact building looked, before going to see the clean and rather antiseptic ruin.
- Lighting was selected to brighten without glaring, and displays were designed to be neat and clean, but not antiseptic.
- It was a bit too clean and antiseptic to be really considered an evil lair.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An antiseptic compound or preparation: the inappropriate use of antiseptics [mass noun]: come into the house and have some antiseptic put on that woundMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Catheters impregnated with antiseptics and coated with antibiotics are now available.
- The lesion had not responded to self prescribed topical antibiotics and antiseptics.
- Semmelweis documented the importance of antiseptics in clinical medicine; the importance of biocides in the domicile environment remains to be determined.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her blotter is crisp, doodle-free, as antiseptically intimidating as the crinkly butcher rolls doctors use on examination tables.
- There is a push and pull on many of the tracks that they produce: the listener wants to embrace the diva and the words she sings, but is pulled away by the too-perfect sounds rinsed antiseptically clean.
- The antiseptically white walls of the new galleries contrast with murkier spaces where the original concrete structure and chunky octagonal columns have been retained.