An antibody that counteracts a toxin.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Human science employs somewhat similar procedures to produce what are called antitoxins, protein antibodies, to certain microorganisms.
- Some antibodies are antitoxins, which directly neutralize any toxins secreted by the antigens.
- For example, antitoxins, like tetanus antitoxin, are made by injecting horses with a small amount of the toxin so that the animal produces the antibodies.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a very important folk medicine in Taiwan, and is reported to have antineoplastic, antitoxic and immunoenhancing properties, as well as for treating malignancies.
- The pharmacological or biochemical mechanism of this antitoxic action has not yet been proved.
- It is also highly potent as an antitoxic agent in exogenous poisoning, organic and inorganic.
Definición de antitoxin en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda