- Finally, we see him holy in his death, as the antitype of the sin offerings of old.
- He goes beyond masculinity in the only fatherhood worthy of the name, and is at the same time, in this eternal virginity, the antitype of all motherhood.
- Within this clearly defined conjunction of market types, the old fishwife has a role to play that is fully legitimate: she is the social antitype to her customers, but also their economic partner in exchange.
- The first is an antitype of the Resurrection and, unlike the more formal Old Testament antitypes, offers direct evidence of Christ's ability to save those close to him.
- Protestant divines had tended to restrict typology to figures, actions, and objects in the Old Testament which in their view shadowed forth Christ as their antitype.
- Needless to say, the Old Testament teems with such types and pictures which (as we saw last month) were specifically given to provide insight, instruction and illumination in relation to their new-covenant antitypes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The guaranteed, antitypical blessings for the elect rest exclusively upon the meritorious work of Christ.
- The truest meaning in the book of Revelation is its antitypical or Spiritual meaning.
- It has Romeo and Juliet undertones and both Hilton and Borgnine who usually play good guy roles here play antitypical bad guys.
Early 17th century: from late Latin antitypus, from Greek antitupos 'corresponding as an impression to the die', from anti 'against, opposite' + tupos 'type, a stamp'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: anti|type
Definición de antitype en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.