Definición de antivivisection en inglés:
Opposed to the use of live animals for scientific research: antivivisection campaigners
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you read his late essays, especially the volume of essays called Religion and Art, you see that Wagner is involved in antivivisection societies, animal rights, the whole notion of suffering in the world.
- The antivivisection lobby has in the past claimed that we can use computer models of organisms instead of real animals.
- The Society for the Protection of Animals Liable to Vivisection, the first antivivisection organisation in the world, was founded in London in 1875 by Frances Power Cobbe, a philanthropist and crusading journalist.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Along the way, Spira learned that more than 100 years of antivivisectionism hadn't ever stopped a cruel experiment.
- She devoted more time to favored causes, including antivivisectionism and the protection of minors, and her letters afford the reader an in-depth perspective on these and other public issues and on the personal values underlying her opinions.
- It was the first book that abandoned the traditionally apologetic and defensive stand of antivivisectionism in favor of a lucid and formidably documented attack on animal-based medical research, accusing such research as being not only useless, but damaging to the point where modern medicine is widely being regarded as the principal cause of disease today.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Debate over the ethics of human research was stimulated by antivivisectionists in the nineteenth century.
- Indeed, the antivivisectionist ancestors of today's animal rightists attempted to stop the research of Louis Pasteur that led to the discovery of the rabies vaccine.
- We meet early antivivisectionists, such as Frankenstein author Mary Shelley and Anna Kingsford, who studied medicine in order to make their voices heard.
Pronunciación: /antivɪvɪˈsɛkʃənɪst/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de antivivisection en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán