sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Failure of the kidneys to produce urine.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Chronic renal failure with oliguria or anuria complicates fluid management during critical illnesses, particularly when cardiac disease coexists.
- Other emergency conditions are anuria and acute renal failure secondary to bilateral obstruction, or unilateral obstruction in a patient with a solitary functioning kidney.
- Patients with severe oliguria or anuria (output of less than 100 mL of urine per day) are likely to have postrenal acute renal failure.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Oliguric or anuric renal failure is the result in the most severe cases and, although permanent renal failure is rare, recovery of renal function may take up to two months.
- This therapy was continued for 2 months, with the patient subsequently becoming anuric and dependent on hemodialysis.
- Despite therapies, her mental status worsened, and she became anuric.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: an¦uria
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda