Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern: an apathetic electorate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The task at next year's Scottish elections is not only to win a majority but to arouse the enthusiasm of a generally apathetic public.
- The shareholders had also been shown to be apathetic in protecting their interests.
- I spent too much time just coasting and doing nothing and being really apathetic and indifferent.
uninterested, indifferent, unconcerned, unmoved, unresponsive, impassive, passive, detached, uninvolved, disinterested, unfeeling, unemotional, emotionless, dispassionate, lukewarm, cool, uncaring, half-hearted, lackadaisical, non-committal;
British vulgar slang half-arsed
mid 18th century: from apathy, on the pattern of pathetic.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I'll vote, and I might well vote Labour, if a little apathetically.
- ‘Who knows, who cares,’ Todd said apathetically.
- He glanced apathetically about at the different posters from the 20s and 30s advertising different liquors and cheeses.