Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern: an apathetic electorate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The task at next year's Scottish elections is not only to win a majority but to arouse the enthusiasm of a generally apathetic public.
- The shareholders had also been shown to be apathetic in protecting their interests.
- I spent too much time just coasting and doing nothing and being really apathetic and indifferent.
uninterested, indifferent, unconcerned, unmoved, unresponsive, impassive, passive, detached, uninvolved, disinterested, unfeeling, unemotional, emotionless, dispassionate, lukewarm, cool, uncaring, half-hearted, lackadaisical, non-committal;
listless, lethargic, languid, phlegmatic, torpid, supine, inert;
bored, unmotivated, unambitious
British vulgar slang half-arsed
rare Laodicean, pococurante
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- So I'll vote, and I might well vote Labour, if a little apathetically.
- ‘Who knows, who cares,’ Todd said apathetically.
- He glanced apathetically about at the different posters from the 20s and 30s advertising different liquors and cheeses.
Mid 18th century: from apathy, on the pattern of pathetic.
Palabras que riman con apatheticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda