(also aphony /ˈaf(ə)ni/)
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Inability to speak through disease of or damage to the larynx or mouth. Compare with aphasia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hoarseness and aphonia are common as well as a low-grade fever.
- Some more affected children will have hoarseness, aphonia, and inspiratory retractions that are severe enough to cause chest wall deformity.
- This case report describes a patient who has throat discomfort and aphonia as atypical observations of laryngeal dystonia.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek aphōnia, from aphōnos 'voiceless', from a- 'without' + phōnē 'voice'.
Más definiciones de aphoniaDefinición de aphonia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.