sustantivo (plural aphthae /ˈafθiː/)Medicine
- 1A small ulcer occurring in groups in the mouth or on the tongue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several conditions should be considered in the differential diagnosis when evaluating patients with recurrent aphthae.
- Recurrent aphthae constitute the most common oral mucosal disease and affects up to 25% of the population.
- Herpetiform aphthae often appear in the back of the mouth, and usually heal within a month.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A condition in which aphthae occur.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The preventive action against development of sores caused by a new denture or against aphtha is also effective.
- Which food would you recommend for someone suffering from aptha?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also known as aphthous ulcers or aphthous stomatitis, canker sores are small sores that can occur inside a person's mouth, cheeks, lips, throat, or sometimes on the tongue.
- The medical term for canker sores is aphthous ulcers.
- He also had painful aphthous ulceration of his oral mucosa and genitalia.
mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek, connected with haptein 'set on fire'.
Más definiciones de aphthaDefinición de aphtha en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.