sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Temporary cessation of breathing, especially during sleep: thousands suffer from sleep apnoea
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You could have a sleep disorder, such as obstructive sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.
- Untreated obstructive sleep apnea syndrome can result in serious complications.
- Mixed apnea, which is rare, is a combination of obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some 70 percent had a history of unexplained illness (including apnoeic attacks, or episodes of 'near-miss cot death').
- A pocket mask will enable ventilatory support to be given to apnoeic patients (whether due to trauma or medical causes).
- Each apnoeic event per hour of sleep added about 1% to the risk of having hypertension.
Definición de apnoea en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.