- Relating to or denoting multicellular glands which release some of their cytoplasm in their secretions, especially the sweat glands associated with hair follicles in the armpits and pubic regions. Compare with eccrine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The human body contains two types of sweat glands - apocrine and eccrine.
- The smell is made by the bacteria that feed on this sweat, which comes from the apocrine glands in the armpits and groin area.
- Around puberty, our apocrine glands kick into action, releasing thick secretions into hair follicles.
early 20th century: from apo- + Greek krinein 'to separate'.
Más definiciones de apocrineDefinición de apocrine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.