Definición de apoptosis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
The death of cells which occurs as a normal and controlled part of an organism’s growth or development. Also called programmed cell death.
- Programmed cell death by apoptosis plays a key role in molding the form of chick and mammalian limbs, especially the digits.
- Radioiodine can cause significant apoptosis and mitotic cell death in the thyroid tissue.
- In addition, the signals that lead a cell to necrosis or apoptosis remain to be elucidated.
1970s: from Greek apoptōsis 'falling off', from apo 'from' + ptōsis 'falling, a fall'.
- Example sentences
- This removal of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophage phagocytosis is a critical process for the resolution of inflammation.
- We recommend further evaluation using additional special techniques for detecting apoptotic leukocytes.
- They are thought to represent lysosomal globules, composed of apoptotic bodies phagocytosed by the tumor cells.
Definición de apoptosis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan