- 1Horrifying; shocking: the cat suffered appalling injuries during the attackMás ejemplos en oraciones
shocking, horrific, horrifying, horrible, terrible, awful, dreadful, ghastly, hideous, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous, hateful, loathsome, odious, gruesome, grisly, monstrous, nightmarish, heinous, harrowing, dire, vile, shameful, unspeakable, unforgivable, unpardonable; abject; disgusting, revolting, repellent, repulsive, repugnant, sickening, nauseating• rare egregious
- But he was so moved by our picture of the appalling injuries Rob was left with that he wanted to speak out publicly about his ordeal.
- The 48-year-old had suffered appalling head injuries and also had a ligature around her neck.
- The female escaped but the male deer suffered appalling injuries as it tried to get away from the crowds of jeering onlookers.
- 1.1 • informal Shockingly bad; awful: his conduct was appallingMás ejemplos en oraciones
dreadful, very bad, awful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, shameful, hopeless, lamentable, laughable, substandard, poor, inadequate, inferior, unsatisfactory• informal rotten, woeful, crummy, pathetic, pitiful, useless, lousy, God-awful, shocking, abysmal, dire, poxy, the pitsNorth American • informal hellacious
- Then the transfer over onto CD from the tapes is appalling, losing an awful lot of the bottom end.
- This Budget is woefully inadequate in redressing this appalling situation.
- There is a class of person who delights in trying to scare the pants off you with appalling tales of child-rearing horror.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And I have heard from members of that commission that it was appallingly inadequate.
- However, it carries any number of appallingly dangerous drivers and it is hardly surprising that there are frequent serious accidents.
- Second, the general level of competence of its reporters and editors has fallen to an appallingly low level.