- 1A ghost or ghostlike image of a person: a headless apparitionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Throughout history there have been reports of ghosts, apparitions and spiritual visitations, both angelic and demonic.
- The use of the supernatural in the witches, the visions, the ghost, and the apparitions is a key element in making the concept of the play work and in making the play interesting.
- They thought He was a ghost, a phantasm, an apparition, a spirit, anything except their Master.
- 1.1A remarkable or unexpected appearance of someone or something: an apparition of the Virgin MaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This explanation would explain why many apparitions appear to work like a pre-recorded message.
- Then, out of nowhere a bus appeared like an apparition.
- Devotion to Mary was based on shrines inherited from the medieval era and the Counter-Reformation, but was fuelled as well by a remarkable series of apparitions that produced some of the most famous religious sites in the modern world.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The patch of wild raspberries, whose location is known only to us and to the apparitional gamekeeper, is laden with fruit.
- Altogether there were 21 apparitional sightings, 4 involving two viewers.
- ‘Life is apparitional and passes,’ the passage begins.
late Middle English (in the sense 'the action of appearing'): from Latin apparitio(n-) 'attendance', from the verb apparere (see appear).