Definición de appease en inglés:
- But the insistence has not appeased local residents, who are now planning a series of meetings to call for a public inquiry.
- I sometimes had to resort to printing out stories from the online edition of my local paper to appease her.
- Another annoying trend is to ask for an exorbitant amount in the hope that a small amount will be offer as a means of appeasing the aggrieved person.
- In a self-protective manner, he concludes that this patient is too fragile to withstand a nephrectomy and appeases his feelings of guilt about silently following the mass noted previously.
- He denied that the death of Christ was necessary to satisfy divine justice and appease God's wrath.
- God to me is simply an artefact of my brain, a curiosity that has evolved to appease the terrors of contemplating my own end.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Once more therapists and appeasers rushed to the scene to end the debate before people could discuss the interesting problems it raised.
- To appeasers, rough men are coarse government tools.
- It has become commonplace for the appeasers to speak of ‘millions of deaths’ among the opponents' civilian population and to warn of widespread ecological and economic disaster.
peace from Middle English:
Peace is from Old French pais, from Latin pax ‘peace’. The phrase no peace for the wicked comes from Isaiah 48:22 (There is no peace to the wicked, saith the Lord). In legal texts, the word pacific (mid 16th century), from the same root, still retains its early meaning ‘free from strife, peaceful’. In 1520 the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan passed through the stormy waters of the strait between what is now Tierra Del Fuego and mainland Chile. To his relief he emerged to calm seas, so called the ocean Mar Pacifico ‘tranquil sea’. The treacherous sound he passed through is still the Strait of Magellan. Pacify (Late Middle English) and pacifism (early 20th century) go back to the same root, as does appease (Middle English), literally ‘bring to a peaceful state’. See also pay
Palabras que riman con appeaseAchinese, Ambonese, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.