- (Especially of a court) concerned with or dealing with applications for decisions to be reversed: courts of appellate jurisdictionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That question has not been determined by any ultimate appellate court in any common law country.
- It may be, of course, that the person seeking the intervention of the appellate court will be acquitted.
- The Ohio intermediate appellate court ordered a new trial on the issue of damages.
late Middle English (originally in the sense 'appealed against, accused'): from Latin appellatus 'appealed against', from the verb appellare (see appeal). The current sense dates from the mid 18th century.
Más definiciones de appellateDefinición de appellate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.