- Relating to or denoting the giving of a name.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The poetry in this period is marked by the use of appellative and patriotic themes.
- A word of warning, appellative names within the Society tend to be awarded by others often out of the recipient's own injudicious utterances.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A common noun, such as ‘doctor’, ‘mother’, or ‘sir’, used as a vocative.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The number following each proper name indicates the number of appellatives assigned to that person.
- The number of appearances of the rest of the 260 terrain-related appellatives has not been counted.
- There are some thirteen appellatives in this section of his epistle, and all are true of every saint of God.
late Middle English: from late Latin appellativus, from appellat- 'addressed', from the verb appellare (see appeal).
Más definiciones de appellativeDefinición de appellative en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.