- 1A thing that is added or attached to something larger or more important: they treat Scotland as a mere appendage of EnglandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs.
- The claim of self-sufficiency cannot be contingent upon an appendage to another human being considered superior.
- Instead, she presented herself as an appendage to her husband and talked about her role as consort.
- 2 Biology A projecting part of an invertebrate or other living organism, with a distinct appearance or function: a pair of feathery appendages through which oxygen is absorbedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These differences in number of segments and function of appendages are used to distinguish between crustacean groups.
- The feather is a skin appendage, like hair, that grows as a unique hollow tube from a follicle by the controlled proliferation of cells in a ring.
- The second pair of appendages, the pedipalps, resemble walking legs.