Definición de applaud en inglés:
- We got stiffly to our feet and clapped the encores, applauded and cheered the memory of what we once believed and wanted to be.
- I began clapping to the music, and they started clapping and applauding.
- Suddenly a loud clap came from one of the men, followed by another, and then another until his whole command was clapping and applauding.
- You are applauded for your professional prowess and dexterity in a business venture.
- It's the one job in the world that you can roll up to stoned out of your mind and you're actually applauded for it.
- It was a display of pointless truculence and ignorance and he was applauded for it.
plaudit from (early 17th century):
You receive plaudits when you are praised for something good you have done. The source is Latin plaudite ‘applaud!’, which is what Roman actors used to ask the audience to do at the end of a play. This comes from plaudere ‘to applaud or clap’, as does applaud itself. Plausible, also ultimately from plaudere, was at one time used to mean ‘deserving applause or approval’. See also explode
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.