- In this circumstance it is appropriate to depend upon a set of rules for swift action.
- A conditional discharge would be appropriate for the offences in all the circumstances.
- Cook with spices that are appropriate for the season and for your skin and your physiology.
- Because it was university property, appropriating the sign had to be an undercover job.
- He filched my material and appropriated my voice and exploited a human tragedy that was really none of his business.
- A user can be someone who appropriates the history, image, or reputation of a work of architecture for his own ends.
- If the bank knows that a given sum or item has been appropriated for a specific purpose, the right of set-off cannot be exercised in respect of it.
- He prefers the money to be appropriated for tax cuts for the upper bracket.
- Money is appropriated for a two-year budget cycle during the odd-numbered years.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a code word for, I'm raising your taxes to increase the amount of money we have to spend here in Washington on new programs, on programs that meet a particular political desire of the appropriators.
- It's an ingenious hybrid where true believers provide the cannon fodder while an elite cabal of generals, arms merchants, land appropriators, oil prospectors and slave traders, muscle their way into the profits of war.
- The appropriators in both Houses wield a tremendous amount of power over the make-up of the budget, and will fight like cornered animals when their territory is challenged.
Late Middle English: from late Latin appropriatus, past participle of appropriare 'make one's own', from ad- 'to' + proprius 'own, proper'.
Palabras que riman con appropriateexpropriate, impropriate, misappropriate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ap¦pro|pri¦ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.