1The action of approving something: the road schemes have been given approval [count noun]: they have delayed the launch to await project approvals
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Detailed schemes for each area are still being drawn up and the first wave of project approvals are expected by the end of the year.
- They are also awaiting payments and approvals under various schemes.
- He added that all the relevant approvals for the project are in order right down to the environmental impact assessment.
acceptance, agreement, consent, assent, acquiescence, compliance, concurrence; blessing, imprimatur, seal/stamp of approval, rubber stamp; sanction, endorsement, ratification, authorization, mandate, licence, validation; confirmation, support, backing; permission, leave
informal the go-ahead, the green light, the OK, the thumbs up, the nod, say-so
1.1The belief that someone or something is good or acceptable: step-parents need to win a child’s approval
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I would hope that the west London lines would meet with approval and link up to Heathrow and Gatwick.
- It is a surprise to find you quoting him with approval so early in the book.
- Neither suggestion met with approval so I repaired to the kitchen to make coffee.
- (Of goods) supplied on condition that they may be returned if not satisfactory: we would be happy to send you a selection on approvalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She immediately sent him three tree of life panels on approval, which he returned because ‘I don't think they really suit the style of my house.’
- We will rush a framing job when necessary to accommodate and will not add rush fees; we allow work to go out on approval and be returned if it does not work; and we offer free consultation services.
- He added that services like discounts, selection, art on approval, flaming, installation, commissions and delivery can help, as well.
seal (or stamp) of approval
- An official statement or indication that something is accepted or regarded favourably: the minister gave his seal of approval to the projectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It didn't get the official stamp of approval again until 1926, when the university senate and principal gave the procession a cautious thumbs-up.
- The big news this week is that the planners have given the official stamp of approval for the new community facility in the fields opposite Marshallstown houses.
- They and the conservation lobby continue to hope that their efforts to preserve the city's heritage will soon get an official stamp of approval.