Definición de approve en inglés:
- Councillors agreed to approve the proposals, so care home residents would not be disturbed by construction work.
- If the Parliament approves proposals, it is possible for the Council to pass legislation by a majority vote instead of requiring unanimous approval from the members of the Council.
- A huge expansion of a busy supermarket has been approved by planning officials.
- I wasn't sure there was any part of my life she did approve of and it wasn't as if she believed in quiet disapproval.
- Even though I don't believe she ever came to like him or approve of many of his views, she came to care about him.
- Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it!
- After that fourth trial, sundry of the kings and many of the lesser barons and knights and all of the commons cried out that these were trials enough, and that Arthur had assuredly approved himself to be rightwise King; wherefore they demanded that he should be made King indeed so that he might rule over them.
- He approved himself to his comrades brave, generous, self-sacrificing.
Middle English: from Old French aprover, from Latin approbare (see approbate). The original sense was 'prove, demonstrate', later 'corroborate, confirm', hence 'pronounce to be satisfactory' (late Middle English).
Palabras que riman con approvegroove, improve, move, prove, you've
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.