- 1 Mathematics A function, series, or other expression which is an approximation to the solution of a problem.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1899 Padé published another major work on Padé approximants which, as we noted above, looked in depth at approximants of the exponential function.
- Applied mathematicians have found that by approximating functions by continued function expansions, called Padé approximants, they often obtain far more accurate low-order approximations than by using Taylor series expansions.
- 2 Phonetics A consonant produced by bringing one articulator (the tongue or lips) close to another without actually touching it, as in English r and w.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is phonologically impossible since Tamil has no [z] sound and since the retroflex approximant sometimes romanized < z > cannot appear in initial position.
- The approximant r can also be regarded as a glide.