Definición de approximate en inglés:
- Some Nordic countries even offer subsidized childcare services and compensation that is approximate to the actual loss of earnings.
- You can also adjust three bars, like a graphic equaliser, controlling how recently the page was updated, how popular the site is and whether it is an exact or approximate word match.
- He has collected nearly 30,000 entries and provided exact, equivalent or approximate words in Urdu.
- This ersatz-Elizabethan mock-up, approximating to some incomplete and sketchy idea of the original, provides an anodyne facsimile of Elizabethan experience, from which the roughness, stench, and hazard have been removed.
- The normal workings of the rugby world are put on hold in the week before an international, but as soon as something approximating to business as usual resumes tomorrow morning, the inquest which has been brewing all week will begin.
- The only thing approximating to a real dessert was baklava, a particularly mean and thankless example of its kind being dry, almost syrup and nut-free.
- The latter was calculated by approximating the surface area to that of a spheroid.
- The three definitions include or exclude certain items in an effort to provide a picture of inflation that more accurately approximates the particular inflation of individuals, groups, companies or economic sectors.
- According to asymptotic theory, the distribution of maximum-likelihood estimates can be approximated by a multivariate normal distribution.
late Middle English (in the adjectival sense 'close, similar'): from late Latin approximatus, past participle of approximare, from ad- 'to' + proximus 'very near'. The verb (originally meaning 'bring close') arose in the mid 17th century; the current adjectival sense dates from the early 19th century.
- Example sentences
- The heat due to charging-discharging cycles and the movement and accumulation of ions to the electrodes causes a mechanical alteration in volume (expansion + contraction) for an approximative value of 7-9% of the total volume.
- It is a general feature of physical models that a good but approximative description of a phenomenon can be achieved with a less detailed model than a reconstruction or simulation of the same phenomenon.
- It can be used as an approximative measure of support for one or the other model and, therefore, allows estimating the evidence in favor of one or the other hypothesis.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.