Definición de apt en inglés:
- Delicious decadence dripped from the setting, giving a perfectly apt description of the scene.
- But in the context of the American culture wars in the political arena, it's an entirely apt and appropriate choice.
- There is no basis for inferring that a different form would have been likely to have been apt or appropriate or sought out.
- Down toward this latter end of the spectrum are folks who are more than ordinarily apt to confuse the wish and the deed, the belief and the fact.
- But the language of liberty and freedom is apt to be confusing in these areas.
- We have an innate tendency to avoid pain, and therefore we are apt to conjure up rationalizations that justify our behavior.
- He was a monk and maverick philosopher; she, the apt and eager pupil.
- He regarded him with a mild smile and slight shake of his head, just like a teacher might regard an apt, but lazy pupil.
- They are apt pupils of his bible, a.k.a. the F.A.Q. section of his Web site.
late Middle English (in the sense 'suited, appropriate'): from Latin aptus 'fitted', past participle of apere 'fasten'.
Originally apt meant ‘suited, appropriate’; the source is Latin aptus ‘fitted’, the past participle of apere ‘fasten’. Inept (mid 16th century) is its opposite, the change in the vowel sound having already happened in Latin ineptus.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They did so reluctantly, aptly mirroring the sentiments of their homeland.
- This applause aptly displayed the crowd's reverence for the band.
- Her comment applies aptly to the use of this poetry in the study of pre-Islamic society.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.