Definición de arabesque en inglés:
1 Ballet A posture in which one leg is extended backwards at right angles, the torso bent forwards, and the arms outstretched, one forwards and one backwards.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The height of the extended legs in the arabesques was uniform throughout the shades and the spacing between dancers was as close to perfection as one could reasonably wish.
- With their sculptural groupings of precisely calibrated arabesques, these dances distilled Ashton's personal classicism to pure essence.
- The initial twelve-minute aerial dance found them on a rope suspended from the ceiling, executing arabesques while spinning with sublime grace.
2An ornamental design consisting of intertwined flowing lines, originally found in ancient Islamic art: [as modifier]: arabesque scrolls
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In his late style the backgrounds are light, the register of colour is greatly heightened, and the emphasis is on the decorative design of swirling Rococo arabesques of flowers and foliage.
- Elsewhere in his oeuvre, Aboriginal dot patterns, Islamic arabesques and Chinese fire motifs lend a mystical, ancient aspect to his art.
- The exterior is in typical late Victorian style, the arabesque influences and designs preserved for the interior.
3 Music A passage or composition with fanciful ornamentation of the melody.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The orchestra provides ‘a resonating environment’ for the melodies and arabesques of the flute.
- Now, however, each melody becomes enwrapped in a vocal arabesque of such complexity that it almost vanishes and the sounds being made are not only intrusive but downright unpleasant.
- The Beauty Pill are a surgically precise band whose compositions perform limber arabesques without losing a step, and Clark's homespun production accentuates every contortion.
Mid 17th century: from French, from Italian arabesco 'in the Arabic style', from arabo 'Arab'.
Palabras que riman con arabesqueburlesque, Dantesque, desk, grotesque, humoresque, Junoesque, Kafkaesque, Moresque, picaresque, picturesque, plateresque, Pythonesque, Romanesque, sculpturesque, statuesque
Definición de arabesque en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda