- Many public libraries also have local history sections containing archives relating to local musical activities and famous musicians.
- Shot by pioneering film-makers Mitchell & Kenyon, the discovery of this archive collection will rewrite British film history.
- Through personal archives and institutions we compiled about 500 diaries and a few thousand postcards and letters.
- Plans for a ‘joined up service’, with libraries, archives, museums and galleries all together under one roof, have been launched by East Riding Council.
- Col Babbitt and Mrs Zemp were invited to visit Rishworth School and yesterday saw the original Sowerby Parish Registers at the archives in the Central Library.
- The new gallery, with its associated study room and archives, is a £10m joint venture.
- Optical media is also perfect for storing archives of critical corporate data, such as financials or personnel records.
- At the same time the PRO will outline its digital archive system which will store electronic government records.
- Second, many ILE faculty members were interested in building data archives with data sets from many different government agencies.
- The challenges involved in displaying and archiving information on the web are huge and the move to multimedia presentation is adding to the complexity of the task.
- At present, the collection is archived but not available to the web-browser.
- How do you archive these materials for later reference as well as maximize the material's life expectancy?
- Tape remains a strong contender for long term data archiving and off-site storage.
- Tape is the overwhelming computer medium of choice for archiving.
- You manage your e-mail by archiving it on cheaper storage devices.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'place where records are kept'): from French archives (plural), from Latin archiva, archia, from Greek arkheia 'public records', from arkhē 'government'. The verb dates from the late 19th century.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: arch|ive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.