- 1A collection of historical documents or records providing information about a place, institution, or group of people: [as modifier]: a section of archive filmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many public libraries also have local history sections containing archives relating to local musical activities and famous musicians.
- Shot by pioneering film-makers Mitchell & Kenyon, the discovery of this archive collection will rewrite British film history.
- Through personal archives and institutions we compiled about 500 diaries and a few thousand postcards and letters.
- 1.1The place where historical documents or records are kept: they were allowed to study in the archivesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Plans for a ‘joined up service’, with libraries, archives, museums and galleries all together under one roof, have been launched by East Riding Council.
- Col Babbitt and Mrs Zemp were invited to visit Rishworth School and yesterday saw the original Sowerby Parish Registers at the archives in the Central Library.
- The new gallery, with its associated study room and archives, is a £10m joint venture.
- 1.2A complete record of the data in part or all of a computer system, stored on an infrequently used medium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Optical media is also perfect for storing archives of critical corporate data, such as financials or personnel records.
- At the same time the PRO will outline its digital archive system which will store electronic government records.
- Second, many ILE faculty members were interested in building data archives with data sets from many different government agencies.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Place or store (something) in an archive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The challenges involved in displaying and archiving information on the web are huge and the move to multimedia presentation is adding to the complexity of the task.
- At present, the collection is archived but not available to the web-browser.
- How do you archive these materials for later reference as well as maximize the material's life expectancy?
- 1.1 Computing Transfer (data) to a less frequently used storage medium such as magnetic tape: the entire directory will be archivedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Tape remains a strong contender for long term data archiving and off-site storage.
- Tape is the overwhelming computer medium of choice for archiving.
- You manage your e-mail by archiving it on cheaper storage devices.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But there is no denying the authenticity of at least some of the archival documents.
- The world's biggest collection of film archival material about war history is set to be stored in Canberra.
- The Second World War itself is well documented with archival film, photographs and exhibits.
early 17th century (in the sense 'place where records are kept'): from French archives (plural), from Latin archiva, archia, from Greek arkheia 'public records', from arkhē 'government'. The verb dates from the late 19th century.