- Shaped like a bow; curved: the arcuate sweep of the chain of islandsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most noticeable characteristics of most trenches is their arcuate plan, convex toward the subducting plate.
- Some elements are simple: the arcuate, or V stitching on the pockets; the five pockets themselves; the metal shank buttons; the red tab; and the leather patch with the image of two horses pulling at a pair of jeans.
- A piece of shell was broken from its ventral margin, probably by a biting predator with cone-shaped sharp teeth or denticles, because an arcuate row of small conical dimples is present on the shell just above the part that was removed.
late Middle English: from Latin arcuatus, past participle of arcuare 'to curve', from arcus 'bow, curve'.
Más definiciones de arcuateDefinición de arcuate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.