sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
A basic amino acid which is a constituent of most proteins. It is an essential nutrient in the diet of vertebrates.
- Chemical formula: HNC(NH2)NH(CH2)3CH(NH2)COOH
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Guanidoacetate itself is formed in the kidney from the amino acids arginine and glycine.
- The amino acids arginine and leucine are noncarbohydrate inducers of insulin.
- The conditionally essential amino acid arginine has also been added to this formula to help support growth factor production.
late 19th century: from German Arginin, perhaps from Greek arginoeis 'bright-shining, white'.
Definición de arginine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.