Of, belonging to, or typical of the aristocracy: an aristocratic family a stately, aristocratic manner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As elsewhere in Europe, great bishops or abbots often belonged to royal or aristocratic families.
- In 1940 she married S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike, the scion of an equally aristocratic Christian family in the low country.
- In a flashback, we see the progress of their relationship - he, a gifted violinist; she, a pianist from an aristocratic family.
grand, distinguished, respectable;
born with a silver spoon in one's mouth, silver-spoon
archaic gentle, of gentle birth
decorous, gracious, fine, polite, well mannered, civil, courteous, chivalrous, gallant, gentlemanly, ladylike, urbane, suave, debonair;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The theme in the title is gradually worked out as Margaret - at first aristocratically repelled by ‘trade’ and its practitioners - comes to know and respect the ideas and the family life of both mill-hands and mill-owners.
- Toward the end of the century, the classics became better taught, and the expectation that the aristocratically wealthy should learn Greek and Latin while young probably became stronger than it had been since the 1690s.
- The Comtesse de la Fayette twitched nervously, her pointed nose turned aristocratically upward, her displeasure evident in her glance.
Early 17th century: from French aristocratique, from Greek aristokratikos, from aristokratia (see aristocracy).
Palabras que riman con aristocraticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ar¦is¦to|crat¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda