- 1Equipped with or carrying a firearm or firearms: heavily armed troopsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some 3,000 car-jackings occur every month carried out by people armed with semi-automatic weapons.
- If we wished to make war, we certainly would not want to fight soldiers armed with blades such as these.
- The Bill will see the same power extended to troops, armed with even more deadly weapons, operating under conditions of serious unrest.
- 1.1Involving the use of firearms: armed robberyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The use of firearms in an armed robbery has declined in recent years, and at the same time there has been a dramatic increase in the use of other weapons, particularly knives, but also syringes.
- The number of reported sexual assaults rose by 150 per cent and the number of armed robberies using firearms was up 67 per cent.
- Police believe banning sales of replica guns will lead to a drop in armed robberies and firearms incidents.
armed to the teeth
- Formidably armed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Bedford, a NATO battleship armed to the teeth, is on patrol in the North Atlantic when it receives two guests via helicopter.
- Two warriors, armed to the teeth, stand alert, ready to defend the demolition team in case of a raid by bandits.
- Twenty-two men exited the aircraft, all clothed in dark fatigues and all armed to the teeth.
Más definiciones de armedDefinición de armed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.