Definición de arraign en inglés:
1Call or bring (someone) before a court to answer a criminal charge: her sister was arraigned on charges of attempted murder
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After the Second World War eminent surviving German and Japanese civilian and military figures were arraigned on criminal charges before international tribunals.
- But days later, she was arraigned on assault charges.
- Today a suspected arms dealer was arraigned on charges that he tried to sell shoulder-launched anti-aircraft missiles.
1.1Find fault with; censure: social workers were relieved it was not they who were arraigned in the tabloids
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nobody doubts for a second Baron's desperation to revive the national team, and I am not suggesting that he be arraigned for defeatist talk.
- NBC is arraigned on charges of neglecting a fine series.
criticize, censure, attack, condemn, castigate, chastise, lambaste, pillory, find fault with, reprimand, rebuke, admonish, remonstrate with, take to task, haul over the coals, berate, reproach, reprove
informal knock, slam, hammer, lay into, roast, give someone a roasting, cane, blast, bawl out, dress down, rap over the knuckles, give someone hell
British informal carpet, slate, slag off, monster, rollick, give someone a rollicking, give someone a rocket, tear someone off a strip
Australian/New Zealand informal bag
Words that rhyme with arraignabstain, appertain, arcane, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, brain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, gain, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, inane, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, main, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, pain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan