Complete, utter: what arrant nonsense!
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was a Minister for 9 years, and what the Hon Trevor Mallard has said is absolute arrant nonsense.
- Either Connor hasn't read Mabo (or hasn't read it very carefully), or he's relying on the fact that most of the readers of his Bulletin article won't have done so, and therefore won't realise that his claim is arrant nonsense.
- ‘The notion that the women's movement denigrates women who choose the traditional roles of wife and mother is arrant nonsense,’ columnist Molly Ivins writes emphatically.
utter, downright, thoroughgoing, absolute, complete, thorough, through and through, total, unmitigated, outright, out-and-out, real, perfect, consummate, surpassing, sheer, rank, pure, unqualified, inveterate, positive, undiluted, unalloyed, unadulterated, in every respect, unconditional; blatant, flagrant, overt, naked, barefaced, brazen; North Americanfull-bore
British informal right
Australian/New Zealand informal fair
Middle English: variant of errant, originally in phrases such as arrant thief ( 'outlawed, roving thief').
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before reading the column, I held onto the slight chance that my view of this university was arrantly skewed.
- America is being denounced as arrantly hypocritical for first pretending to promote democracy, then trying to crush its results.
- For instance, some frustrated teachers will give an arrantly negligent student a B, instead of a grade more indicative of poor work.