Definición de arrive en inglés:
- Now safe from harm, he and his parents continued their journey and when they arrived in Timnah the lovers looked at each other and were pleased.
- Shehadeh had arrived in Edinburgh after a torturous journey from Ramallah which continues to bear the brunt of the Israeli occupation.
- The Varley family finally arrived in Shannon on the Sunday afternoon and Tony arrived in Westport just in time to go on stage.
- Customers on Blue Line 1 will be pleased to know that 12 new double deck buses will arrive early in November bringing much needed extra capacity on this busy route.
- The circulating nurse verifies that the implant components have arrived and brings them to the OR.
- I once ordered flowers at another florist's with the same time span for delivery and the flowers arrived on time.
- When the Moment of Truth arrives, the user sees the results of a proper double-blind test.
- After a long and abrasive period of campaigning, the UK General Election has finally arrived.
- For such a prospect requires that an infinite number of events must have elapsed before the present moment could arrive.
- For local residents, the long wait for offshore petroleum development to arrive on their shores is over.
- Dell seems determined to pick up Intel's Yamhill product when it arrives - one day.
- But this time around, it's a much more polished entertainer, although it's overshadowed by products yet to arrive.
- The conclusion they arrive at is the only logical one it is possible to reach.
- And he is hardly alone in arriving at the conclusion that Monty has dodged a very serious bullet.
- I would love to say that I have agonized long and hard before arriving at this decision.
- Twin babies girls arrived in Culleen recently to proud parents Pat and Mary Needham.
- It was the best Christmas present of all for a young Stromness family when baby girl Holly arrived on Boxing Day.
- The first Swindon babies of 2003 began arriving in the early hours of the year.
- However, if you struggle too much then you won't actually be able to achieve victory once you arrive.
- The Miller Glasgow International Comedy Festival has finally arrived as a major fixture in the comic calendar.
Until about 1550 the main meaning of arrive was ‘to come ashore or into port after a voyage’. You could also talk about ‘arriving’ a ship or a group of passengers, meaning to bring them to shore. Only later did the more general sense of ‘to reach a destination, come to the end of a journey’ develop. Arrive comes from the Old French word ariver, ultimately from Latin ad- ‘to’ and ripa ‘shore’ also the source of river.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.