- (Especially in a medieval fortified building) a narrow vertical slit in a wall for shooting or looking through or to admit light and air: [as modifier]: we could see the old arrow-slit windowsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A chilly wind found its way through the arrow slit and traced tingling red dots up her arms.
- Known as a barbican, this part of the castle would have a drawbridge, a portcullis, arrow slits, machicolations (murder holes) - any device that was thought to be useful at stopping the enemy.
- Hairpin bends, arrow slits and openings in walls and ceilings covered all angles, making it almost impossible for an attacker to storm the bastion through the main doorway.
Más definiciones de arrow slitDefinición de arrow slit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.