- From household articles to children's toys and leather products to paper creations, there are products for every purse and taste.
- The training activities for women will be expanded from tailoring to beautician training, and the repair of household articles.
- Inside are a few photographs of Dr. Kalam, some furniture, other household articles and a visitor's book.
- Her one-sided piece is written purely from newspaper reports and magazine articles.
- In my class, instead of the typical reading and writing assignments we read newspaper and magazine articles, and wrote letters to the editor.
- It was the lead on the television news and was reported in prominent front-page articles in most newspapers.
- Does article 105 of the Regulation have any application in the present case?
- The objections focused on specific articles or clauses.
- These two different approaches draw on two separate articles in the 1951 Refugee Convention.
- He graduated with a B.Proc and then an LLB from the University of Transkei, taking evening courses so that he could do his articles at the Unitra legal aid clinic during the day.
- It is necessary therefore to refer to the terms of articles VI and VII of the contract.
- Literally translated into English, without articles, definite or indefinite, it becomes ‘return home occasional book’.
- What I do distinctly recall is the labor of pushing around nouns, verbs, adjectives, articles.
- English is the only Indo-European language in Europe with no gender marking on articles or nouns - ever notice that?
verbo[with object] British Volver al principio
- He was articled to the architect G. E. Street, and in 1858 worked with Rossetti, Burne-Jones, and others on the frescos in the Oxford Union.
- On his return he was articled to the solicitor N. D. Stenhouse, who was at the centre of Sydney's literary community.
- That same year Ernest Gimson was articled to a local architect.
- 1an article of faith
- A firmly held belief: it was an article of faith with this circle that women must free themselvesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A creed is meant to summarize the explicit teachings or articles of faith, to imbed and thus protect and transmit the beliefs.
- One of the ironies of multiculturalism is its inconsistency with the other tenets of the liberal articles of faith, such as feminism.
- Their conviction rests on seven articles of faith, carefully passed from person to person at all levels of the black community.
- 2article of virtu
- see virtu.
- 3the finished article
- Something that is complete and ready for use: the ground is beginning to look like the finished articleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Jason was outstanding then, and although he would be the first to acknowledge that he is not yet the finished article, I have no doubt that he can go on to become it.
- Every child had a hand in either designing or painting the finished article, made possible through support from the York Community Pride Challenge Fund and the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust.
- You may not be able to see the finished article until later but when you do it is exactly what you wanted.
- 4the genuine article
- A person or thing considered to be an authentic and excellent example of their kind: he recognized the genuine article when he saw itMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Janice and Alison go to great lengths to ensure they sell the genuine article, which comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Before Reverend Horton Heat even settles into answering questions, you quickly realize that he is the genuine article.
- He said: ‘The public has the right to know that what they buy is the genuine article.’
Middle English (denoting a separate clause of the Apostles' Creed): from Old French, from Latin articulus 'small connecting part', diminutive of artus 'joint'.
Palabras que riman con articleparticle, nanoparticle
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
- Captain's mast, the Navy's name for the Uniform Code of Military Justice's Article 15 non-judicial punishment, was a commanding officer's duty that he did not relish.
- The Article 15 punishment was severe: a reduction in pay, 14 days' extra duty and restriction to base, 18 hours of alcohol rehabilitation, a promotion deferment and a year without a driver's license.
- Under an Article 15 hearing, soldiers forgo legal representation and a trial, instead agreeing to let their commander make the call through a less formal administrative hearing.
- I have seen punishment range from receiving an Article 15 under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to letters of reprimand being placed in official files and restriction to post.
- He was told by his commander to just take the Article 15, dishonorable discharge and six months' confinement.
- How about telling me exactly what happened and what you did to cause your brigade commander to consider an Article 15?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.