- 1The formation of clear and distinct sounds in speech: the articulation of vowels and consonantsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But she sounds cute and her articulation is clear.
- We found that early accurate articulation of complex speech sounds in words at 2.5 years of age predicts early reading acquisition.
- I still hope to read an article by her which details why the pronunciation and articulation that a speaker utilizes is more important than the substance of his/her message.
- 1.1The action of putting into words an idea or feeling: it would involve the articulation of a theory of the just warMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gone was the dignified and intelligent articulation of ideas.
- Our colleagues at Poynter were both encouraging and skeptical; their questions and challenges helped us refine the idea and our articulation of it.
- This broad spectrum of ideas made the initial articulation of a collection development policy for the Conservation Library an impossibility.
- 1.2 Phonetics The formation of a speech sound by constriction of the air flow in the vocal organs at a particular place (e.g. the tongue, teeth, or palate) and in a particular way (as a plosive, affricate, etc.).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some aspects of one sound may be anticipated in a preceding sound and may carry over to the articulation of the following sound.
- Since French does not have this sound, speakers often approximate one of the nearest sounds in terms of manner and place of articulation.
- After learning a map of vowels based on place and manner of articulation, K. C. attached letters to her map.
- 2 Music Clarity in the production of successive notes: beautifully polished articulation from the violinsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The clarity of articulation in the finale is the kind of miracle that we have come to expect from this source - it takes the breath away as an act of shocking intention rather than bravura display.
- You can take the previous releases and crank up the volume but it only makes it sound louder, you don't get the clarity and articulation you hear in this latest release using the latest technology.
- There were definite hints of this mental perspective in Yuan Yuan Tan's smiling delivery, the clear articulation of line.
- 3The state of being jointed: the area of articulation of the lower jawMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Accessory articular facets on the lateral sacral crest at the level of the first or second dorsal sacral foramen have been found unpaired and bilateral, meeting in articulation with extra facets on the ilium.
- Some common variants have an additional facet articulation with the cuboid bone.
- The axis possesses an ovate odontoid process for articulation with the preceding atlas.
- 3.1 [count noun] A specified joint: the leg articulationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Accessory thyrohyoid ligaments and additional or unusual cricothyroid articulations have been reported.
- However, plain radiographs of the foot and ankle are useful for assessing the degree of deformity and to confirm the presence or absence of degenerative changes in the subtalar and ankle articulations.
- Because the complex series of articulations of the shoulder allows a wide range of motion, the affected extremity should be compared with the unaffected side to determine the patient's normal range.
late Middle English (in the senses 'joint', 'joining'): from Latin articulatio(n-), from the verb articulare (see articulate).