Definición de articulator en inglés:
1A person who puts forward or expresses an idea: he is as good an articulator of his party’s message as they’ve had in a long time
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Probably the most famous articulator of the leisure gap is Arlie Hoschchild, who reported in ‘The Second Shift’ that the leisure gap between men and women in two-wage households worked out to an entire extra month of 24-hour days.
- Bataille (anthropologist, philosopher and pornographer, a doyen of recent postmodern aestheticism and anti-rationalism) was perhaps the most powerful articulator of Kojève's pessimism in the face of the ‘death of man’.
- Standish Michael Keon, Melbourne backbencher with a feline wit, was the chief parliamentary articulator of Santamaria's ‘threat from the north’ line, though not a Movement member.
2Any of the vocal organs above the larynx, including the tongue, lips, teeth, and hard palate.
- Spoken language makes use of sound carried on out-breathed air from the lungs, which is modulated by articulators (tongue, lips, etc.) to produce the vocal repertoire of a natural language.
- For labio-dental consonants, the active articulator is the lower lip.
- Glides, such as j and w, which are produced by a rapid movement of the articulators, either from, or more commonly towards a vowel articulation, are also dependent.
Definición de articulator en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan