Definición de ascendant en inglés:
1Rising in power or influence: the newly ascendant liberal party
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Political and power compulsions were ascendant.
- To do so would only risk alienating and provoking conflict with a rising Europe and an ascendant Asia.
- This was something of a milestone in Hollywood history, signaling the ascendant power of the producer over the director.
2 Astrology (Of a planet, zodiacal degree, or sign) on or close to the intersection of the ecliptic with the eastern horizon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Astrofaces research project seeks to verify astrology for modern science with photographs grouped by the sun, moon and ascendant signs of the subjects.
- It could be said that the Midheaven sign represents our life goal; the ascendant sign represents our way of achieving that goal, or our unconscious strategy for attaining it.
- Obviously, if the ascendant sign could be either of two signs, this greatly affects the evaluation.
sustantivoAstrology Volver al principio
The point on the ecliptic at which it intersects the eastern horizon at a particular time, typically that of a person’s birth.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If not, then use the ascendant if the birth was preceded by a New Moon.
- He was certainly unaware of Pluto transiting the 1066 ascendant at the time of Cromwell's birth.
- Saturn is considered a benefic and yogakarak for libra ascendants.
in the ascendant
- Rising in power or influence: the reformers are in the ascendantMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By that time electronic telegraph was in the ascendent, and would grow to supplant the European semaphore networks.
- The politics section gets the most heated - sometimes it seems the right is in the ascendent, sometimes the left - but there's also some excellent news you might not get elsewhere.
- Tories had already suffered losses in the Irish general election of 1713, at a time when the party was still in the ascendant in England.
Palabras que riman con ascendantappendant, attendant, codependent, defendant, descendant, descendent, intendant, interdependent, pendant, pendent, splendent, superintendent, transcendent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda