- 1Rising in power or influence: the newly ascendant liberal partyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Political and power compulsions were ascendant.
- To do so would only risk alienating and provoking conflict with a rising Europe and an ascendant Asia.
- This was something of a milestone in Hollywood history, signaling the ascendant power of the producer over the director.
- 2 Astrology (Of a planet, zodiacal degree, or sign) on or close to the intersection of the ecliptic with the eastern horizon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Astrofaces research project seeks to verify astrology for modern science with photographs grouped by the sun, moon and ascendant signs of the subjects.
- It could be said that the Midheaven sign represents our life goal; the ascendant sign represents our way of achieving that goal, or our unconscious strategy for attaining it.
- Obviously, if the ascendant sign could be either of two signs, this greatly affects the evaluation.
sustantivoAstrology Volver al principio
- The point on the ecliptic at which it intersects the eastern horizon at a particular time, typically that of a person’s birth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If not, then use the ascendant if the birth was preceded by a New Moon.
- He was certainly unaware of Pluto transiting the 1066 ascendant at the time of Cromwell's birth.
- Saturn is considered a benefic and yogakarak for libra ascendants.
in the ascendant
- Rising in power or influence: the reformers are in the ascendantMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By that time electronic telegraph was in the ascendent, and would grow to supplant the European semaphore networks.
- The politics section gets the most heated - sometimes it seems the right is in the ascendent, sometimes the left - but there's also some excellent news you might not get elsewhere.
- Tories had already suffered losses in the Irish general election of 1713, at a time when the party was still in the ascendant in England.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin ascendent- 'climbing up', from the verb ascendere (see ascend).