Definición de ascender en inglés:
1A part of a letter that extends above the level of the top of an x (as in b and f).
- Within each triplet set, the items were matched for rhyme and whether the initial letter was an ascender, descender, or x-height.
- There are loops on the ascenders and descenders, except for lower case ‘t’ letters and some ‘d' letters, which are straight.
- Well, I like ITC Garmond because of the large x-height and shortened ascenders and descenders.
1.1A letter having an ascender.
2 Climbing A device which can be clipped to a rope to act as a foothold or handhold, or to keep something in position.
- I undid my waist belt and slid off my pack, unhooked myself from the sled, unclipped my harness from the rope, unclipped the rope from the ascenders, unsnapped both feet from my skis, and walked back down the glacier.
- Climbing is done by alternately moving two or three ascenders up the rope.
- The weakest point in this guy rope setup is the cam on the ascender.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan