- Sufism emphasises the more mystical and ascetic aspects of the religion.
- Yet the texts are firmly part of the later medieval world: the first two come from the writings of visionary women mystics and the last from a rigorously ascetic monastic theologian.
- True spirituality, or godliness, is found in everyday social relationships as well as in prayer, learning, or ascetic practices.
- The composition of hymns of the Rig-Veda was done by Hindu recluses, ascetics, Rishis and Sages rooted in the realities of life inside the society.
- These are the qualities of Siva, the lord of yogis and ascetics.
- The major sect of Udasin ascetics was originally not Shaiva - nor even Hindu - but belonged to the Sikh religion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She had lived ascetically to the point where she destroyed her fragile mental and physical health.
- Resigning his see to write, preach, and travel, he lived ascetically in London.
- Are all men welcome to go there only if they live as monks, sharing the humility and simple lives of the inhabitants, eating, dressing, and living ascetically and piously, etc.?
Mid 17th century: from medieval Latin asceticus or Greek askētikos, from askētēs 'monk', from askein 'to exercise'.
Suggestive of severe self-discipline and abstention from indulgence, ascetic is from Greek askētikos. The base is askētēs ‘monk’.
Palabras que riman con asceticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.