Definición de ascetic en inglés:
Characterized by severe self-discipline and abstention from all forms of indulgence, typically for religious reasons: an ascetic life of prayer, fasting, and manual labour
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sufism emphasises the more mystical and ascetic aspects of the religion.
- Yet the texts are firmly part of the later medieval world: the first two come from the writings of visionary women mystics and the last from a rigorously ascetic monastic theologian.
- True spirituality, or godliness, is found in everyday social relationships as well as in prayer, learning, or ascetic practices.
austere, self-denying, abstinent, abstemious, non-indulgent, self-disciplined, frugal, simple, rigorous, strict, severe, hair-shirt, spartan, monastic, monkish, nunlike;
sustantivoVolver al principio
A person who follows an ascetic life.
- The composition of hymns of the Rig-Veda was done by Hindu recluses, ascetics, Rishis and Sages rooted in the realities of life inside the society.
- These are the qualities of Siva, the lord of yogis and ascetics.
- The major sect of Udasin ascetics was originally not Shaiva - nor even Hindu - but belonged to the Sikh religion.
abstainer, recluse, hermit, solitary, anchorite, anchoress, desert saint, celibate, puritan, nun, monk;
rare gymnosophist, marabout, santon, eremite, stylite, pillar saint, pillar hermit, pillarist, aerialist, cenobite
- Example sentences
- She had lived ascetically to the point where she destroyed her fragile mental and physical health.
- Resigning his see to write, preach, and travel, he lived ascetically in London.
- Are all men welcome to go there only if they live as monks, sharing the humility and simple lives of the inhabitants, eating, dressing, and living ascetically and piously, etc.?