- 1Without sexual feelings or associations: she wore a grey frock, discreet and asexualMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His James is celibate and asexual, without the homosexual yearnings suggested in Tóibín's novel, although Lodge does allow him the reflection that, if one had to, rather with a man than a woman.
- Mary's asexual image, I suspect, is partly to do with her assertion that fidelity isn't so terribly important and that Jeffrey isn't the first politician to indulge in a ‘fling’.
- While I agree that this predicament probably sucks for his girlfriend, I also don't see why it would be a blessing for many other women, unless they too, were asexual.
- 2 Biology (Of reproduction) not involving the fusion of gametes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It can either start asexual reproduction or it can produce gametes through mitosis.
- The organism can also go through asexual reproduction.
- On the other hand, consider organisms that reproduce by agametic, asexual reproduction.
- 2.1Without sex or sexual organs: asexual parasitesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The diagnosis is made by the observation of intracellular asexual forms of the parasite on thick and thin blood smears.
- This, combined with a sufficiently high rate of deleterious mutation, can allow sexual genotypes to outcompete asexual genotypes in the face of the twofold cost of sex.
- To experimentally measure this distribution requires either an asexual organism or a sexual line that is genetically homogeneous (homozygotic at each locus).
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person who has no sexual feelings or desires.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ellen, my first choice in the book kept by the class asexual, chose my best friend Josh, he later told me, because he was safe.
- We had a written record, a closely held book, kept by the class asexual, listing everyone's first, second, and third choice in the opposite sex.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Probably, but like any orientation, asexuality has many nuances, some of which also pertain to issues of attraction.
- Go to the link to see a picture of a young man wearing a shirt proclaiming his asexuality.
- I'm aware that asexuality is trendy in some parts, but that just sounds so unnatural to me.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The process of producing plants asexually is called vegetative propagation and is used for such crops as potatoes, bananas, raspberries, pineapples, and some flowering plants used as ornamentals.
- Cnidarians may reproduce asexually to form new individuals or colonies with varying degrees of integration; indeed for many species, asexual propagation is the primary mode of reproduction.
- In the face of fluctuating environments, organisms that reproduce asexually have a reduced capacity to generate variation compared to sexual organisms.
Más definiciones de asexualDefinición de asexual en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.