Definición de ashlar en inglés:
1Masonry made of large square-cut stones, used as a facing on walls of brick or stone rubble: seven windows are set in ashlar along the upper floor [as modifier]: ashlar blocks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ground or basement story of the Alabama capitol was constructed of traditional masonry consisting of ashlar walls made of locally quarried sandstone.
- The defensive wall was of fine ashlar masonry with a pronounced batter.
- It is built of rubble stone with ashlar dressings on a granite plinth.
1.1 [count noun] A stone used in ashlar.
- Mr Wilshaw promotes the idea of replacement of the damaged stones with reclaimed ashlars.
- The tombs were made of ashlars with dry joints, or of bricks and mortar.
- The gaps above the designated ashlars have been cleared of debris and new ashlars have been inserted.
Definición de ashlar en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan