- (Especially in South Asia) a hermitage, monastic community, or other place of religious retreat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A trip down the ashrams and bhajan ashrams of this holy city gives an insight into the plight of the ‘elderly’ and how science, technology, and development have not even reached the fringes of this historical place.
- Some are freelance wanderers, moving from town to town; others live ordered monastic lives in ashrams, dividing their day according to strict rules and performing severe penances.
- There is no question that the Spirit is very much present in India: everywhere you go, you find ashrams, yogis, sadhus, ordinary people practicing meditation or pranayama.
from Sanskrit āśrama 'hermitage'.
Más definiciones de ashramDefinición de ashram en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.