Definición de asparagus en inglés:
1A tall plant of the lily family with fine feathery foliage, cultivated for its edible shoots.
- Asparagus officinalis, family Liliaceae
- A member of the lily family, asparagus is also related to onions, leeks and garlic.
- Asparagus beetles tend to shy away from asparagus when tomatoes, parsley or basil are planted nearby.
- Despite the admirable longevity of an established asparagus bed, the plants get off to a slow start.
1.1 [mass noun] The tender young shoots of the asparagus plant, eaten as a vegetable.
- Good sources of folate include oranges, green leafy vegetables, asparagus and cantaloupe melon.
- Combine the corn with steamed green vegetables like asparagus and offer baked potatoes to ensure the children don't go hungry.
- The tender, juicy asparagus provides a counterpoint to the fried food.
Definición de asparagus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary