Definición de asparagus en inglés:
1A tall plant of the lily family with fine feathery foliage, cultivated for its edible shoots.
- Asparagus officinalis, family Liliaceae
- A member of the lily family, asparagus is also related to onions, leeks and garlic.
- Asparagus beetles tend to shy away from asparagus when tomatoes, parsley or basil are planted nearby.
- Despite the admirable longevity of an established asparagus bed, the plants get off to a slow start.
1.1 [mass noun] The tender young shoots of the asparagus plant, eaten as a vegetable.
- Good sources of folate include oranges, green leafy vegetables, asparagus and cantaloupe melon.
- Combine the corn with steamed green vegetables like asparagus and offer baked potatoes to ensure the children don't go hungry.
- The tender, juicy asparagus provides a counterpoint to the fried food.
Definición de asparagus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan