- A savoury jelly made with meat stock, set in a mould and used to contain pieces of meat, seafood, or eggs: chicken in aspic • figurative a world preserved in aspic, far removed from mass unemploymentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the kitchen, things which may need clarification are stock, clear soup, aspic, jelly, etc.
- With many names - Jell-O, aspic, jelly, gelee and so on - gelatin has an identity of its own.
- He came back with an armload of ready-to-eat goodies, bone-in ham and duck terrine and delicious eggs in aspic and cheese and freshly baked bread, which we served with a simple salad with toasted pumpkin seeds.
late 18th century: from French, literally 'asp', from the colours of the jelly as compared with those of the snake.
Más definiciones de aspicDefinición de aspic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.