- A bulbous plant of the lily family with broad tapering leaves, native to eastern Asia and widely grown as a houseplant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Aspidistra, family Liliaceae
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- More than 26,000 people made the trip to inspect the acers and aspidistras at what is fast becoming one of the best, and best-loved, horticultural events in the North of England.
- Ivy and aspidistras make excellent hall companions, as do bowls of spring buds that can later be transplanted outside.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek aspis, aspid- 'shield' (because of the shape of the stigma), on the pattern of Tupistra, a related genus.
Más definiciones de aspidistraDefinición de aspidistra en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.